Thursday, May 24, 2012

Some time in Melbourne

Watch out Melbourne.... Wonder Woman, Invisible Woman and Super Woman are on their way... 


I'm very excited tonight. Sitting here on my bed with my packed suitcase near my feet. I'm leaving in the morning, heading to the train, plane and then bus so that I can spend the weekend with my BF at the APPAs. The Australian Professional Photographer Awards. 


My Besty is a pro photographer and for the last 4 or 5 years at this time we been to the APPA's together. Always getting up to large amounts of mischief with just a little bit of Luaaaa along the way, that would be Kahlua to the normal people in this world but when Miss Deb is involved Luaaa is the only way we get by.  


The awards are fantastic.... I've watched and waited in anticipation for her and other photographers in our posse, prints to appear and be judged. I've been elated with her/them, I've had my hand, shoulder, hair, ears all damaged from the squeezing and pulling and yelling with excitement and the disappointment when a print doesn't quite win the award she/they was/were aiming for. 


I've sat with her for hours and hours waiting for her last print which of course came out when she had finally given in and raced to the ladies room for all of 2 minutes... but that's the way it goes..LOL BTW it won Silver but ever since we don't leave until the last print has been turned... it is 3 days of anxiety, celebration and great times with extremely talented and amazing people who I am in awe of. 



Tonight I sat here on the end of the phone. Waiting, while my niece at the bottom of the country is writing. A school assignment that is due tomorrow and Aunty Jo had to help. So for most of the 90 minutes I listened.. to silence as she types away. At the end of our chat she thanked me for helping when all I've done is listened and pointed out a few minor spelling and grammatical errors. I pointed out to her I did nothing and that she wrote a fantastic piece and I can't wait to hear what her teacher says...


So tomorrow my son is taking me to the train station so I can start my journey of mischief and mayhem with my Besty..  life is good. He came in to inform me that we would be leaving early in the morning. 8am.... 9am...okay 9.30am... I just looked and smiled. He knows me so well. Me and mornings - tread carefully. :))


from yesterday... the International Day of the Turtle. xxx A small sample of my turtle/tortoise collection. Can't turn the photo for some reason..... 


Peace xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment